The Annual Dinner held on June 19 was a celebration of the year’s accomplishments and the installation of officers.
We won several awards at the AAUW State Convention
Five attended the AAUW State convention in Ellenville – Linda Fellows, Maggie Irwin, Elaine Damsteegt, Laurie Ginnitti and Dolores Thompson. AAUW Jamestown Branch received the following awards:
Our Branch won the highest level, Platinum Branch, for Marketing the Mission with outstanding 2013-2014 programming.
We also received the:
1. AAUW-NYS Visibility Award of Distinction in all categories of website, newsletters, print media and social media.
2. AAUW-NYS 21st Century Communications Award of Distinction for Newsletters and Print Media 2013-2014
3. AAUW-NYS Award of Distinction for Social Media in 2013-2014
4. AAUW-NYS AAUW Award of Distinction for Communications/Visibility (Website) in 2013-2014
Congratulations to Kathi Clark and Kathy Colby for your work producing our branch newsletter, website, Facebook and Twitter.
Funds awards we earned:
1. One of AAUW-NYS top ten branches for Total Unrestricted AAUW Funds Contributions
2. AAUW-NYS Legal Advocacy Fund Star Branch for contribution of $5 per capita or more.
Public Policy Awards and recognition we received:
1. Gold Star Public Policy Action Award for 2014
2. Recognition for consistent efforts to educate members about public policy issues through the Branch newsletter.
3. Recognition for best use of op-eds to educate the community.
4. 2014 Equal Pay Day Action Award
5. B. Dolores Thompson, our branch Public Policy Chair, received a Special Leadership Recognition Award.
Congratulations to our members who contributed to all our efforts!